Monday, 4-13-2015 (business letter)

Hello everyone! Well, my suggestion for today is not as much fun as usual, but it is very practical. If you want to join us, we will practice formatting a business letter. A business letter should look serious, so there will be no colors or pictures or anything like that. We will use a standard business letter format. If you prefer, you can work on Side-By-Side or any other project or webpage you want to work on.

Business Letter Project Instructions
  1. Copy the complaint letter (which you will find down below these instructions).
  2. Open a Microsoft Word document, and paste the letter in.
  3. Replace ***YOUR NAME*** and ***TODAY'S DATE*** with your name and today's date.
  4. Select everything and change the font to Times New Roman.
  5. Change the size of everything to 14.
  6. Add blank lines where needed. (See my example on the big screen.)
  7. Center the return address.
  8. Format the telephone number correctly with ( ) and -  .

The Letter

***YOUR NAME***
171 15th St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
4155551234
***TODAY'S DATE***
Joseph Williams
836 Main St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
Dear Mr. Williams,
I am the tenant in apartment #12 of your building at 171 Green Street. I am very upset that the light in the hallway outside my unit is still not working. I left two messages on your voicemail about this problem, but I have not received any reply.
As landlord, you are responsible for keeping hallway lights in working order. I believe this is an important safety issue. I am asking that you fix this problem no later than April 17.
Sincerely,
***YOUR NAME***

No comments:

Post a Comment