Monday, 3-16-2015 (PowerPoint and Wildlife)


Welcome back! I hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed the hot weather. Last week three of our students gave PowerPoint presentations to the class and they were fantastic! Maria, Wilma, and Deissy: you kept your PowerPoint text short and simple, your images were beautiful and informative, and I was very impressed by all the extra information you added during your presentations. Today, I hope two or three more of you will do a presentation. Let me know when you are ready. For those of you who are finished with your presentation, you can start another one if you want. You can do one about just the food from your country, or about important holidays in your country, or you could do something about San Francisco, or anything you want, really.

If you want to take a break from PowerPoint, perhaps you would like to work on this wildlife vocabulary:
bear
tiger
rabbit
fox
alligator
monkey
skunk
elephant
giraffe
lion
deer
gorilla
wolf
squirrel
kangaroo


For more advanced students (level 4 and up), here is a good reading with sound (I hope the sound works on these computers). It's about penguins: http://www.manythings.org/voa/animals/6073.html

other options: Side-By-Side, Touchstone, typing practice (http://www.cambridge.org/us/esl/touchstone/student/index.html )

No comments:

Post a Comment